Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wake Up With Hits: Had to Post it

Just saw the cover of SI this week, and it's this hit. There has been a lot of talk about head hits and concussions lately, and I had not posted this vid yet. This continues the softification of the NFL...was this hit really that bad. Was he headhunting? I thought it looked like a pretty clean hit...

I completely understand that with athletes getting bigger, stronger and faster every year that rules do have to change. But I think in some instances the NFL is going to far. At some point it's just a really hard hit and they are playing football. If a dude clearly lead with his helmet and launched himself into someones dome, it is obviously dangerous and should be handled. But I have seen too many clean hits with guys leading with a shoulder that are being punished.

And don't get me started with how quarterbacks are treated...get a good backup...

No comments:

Post a Comment