Friday, August 7, 2009

UFC 101 Predictions

While I continue to research and tweak my soon to be released "2ndnShort College Football
Top 25", I give you my picks for the upcoming UFC 101 on Saturday. This should be a pretty good event, and it is getting a lot of press. Some of this press is because UFC 100 was such a success, and some of it is due to the fact that four very popular fighters are taking to the cage. B.J. Penn will meet challenger Kenny Florian, and Anderson Silva will move up to face Forrest Griffin.

During the football season I will be picking atleast all of the games involving top 25 teams. I figured why not warm up with some UFC picks.

Picks after the jump...

Danillo “Indio” Villefort OVER Jesse Lennox

George Sotiropoulos OVER George Roop

Matt Riddle OVER Dan Cramer

Thales Leites OVER Alessio Sakara

John “Doomsday” Howard OVER Tamdan “The Barn Cat” McCrory

Shane Nelson OVER Aaron Riley

Josh Neer OVER Kurt Pelligrino

Kendall Grove OVER Ricardo Almeida

Amir Sadollah OVER Johny Hendricks

And now for the two main events...

Anderson Silva OVER Forrest Griffin

I think that Silva comes back to reality after two lackluster fights. Griffin is so tough that it is hard to see him losing early. Silva has made a name for himself by demolishing his opponents, while I think Silva will win I do not think it will be quick, or easy. I see Silva winning by TKO in the 3rd round. Both of these fighters are great to watch so this fight should be very entertaining.

BJ Penn OVER Kenny Florian

Penn was over matched in his last fight against Georges St-Pierre, but who can blame him St-Pierre is one of the best in the world. Both fighters are extremely talented and come into this fight with a lot of experience. Florian has won his last six fights and comes into this contest with a lot of confidence. I see this fight going to the 4th round and Penn winning via submission.

Well, I don't think I can end this post without sweet highlights of the two fighters I have winning the main events.

Here ya go...



No comments:

Post a Comment